Sunday, December 12, 2010

Changes!

Hey there y'all!  There have been some changing happening around our house.  My family and I have been going to church again, which is something we really needed to do.  I have also gone back to work at Cato, a local clothing store. 
I originally started this blog to chronical the our family life and share everyday things with our families.   I have been feeling led to include more about my faith and my walk with Christ, along with my rededication.  I use the term rededication kinda loosely because I feel it is more of a "realignment".  I have always loved God with all my heart but I was not fully walking in alignment with God's path for me.   I could hear Him guiding me but I am rebellious and chose to walk just on the outside of His path. 
The Bible is my guide, both old and new testament, and I follow Jesus' teachings of how we should live our lives.  I'm not sure how this is going to work but I am trusting God to lead me where He wants this to go. 
Right now, being that it is the Christmas season, the children have been doing an Advent Devotional called the Jesse Tree.  I have found many resources for this devotional and I had picked two different ones.  The one that we are following the closest is from Faith Magazine and the other is from http://www.aholyexperience.com/2010/11/update-free-jesse-tree-advent-devotional/  I have to say that next year, we will use this one exclusively!  It even has fully colored ornaments! Love it!!  Or maybe I will get creative and write my own...HA!!  Anyway, Chaos and Mayhem, my sweet children, are really enjoying the advent and look forward to it every evening.  I will post pictures of our wreath tomorrow with our ornaments hanging from it! 
That is enough for now... maybe something more tomorrow!



Melinda

No comments: